On Friday night, Aubrey was watching as I was changing Alex's diaper. Aubrey is the only child in her family, so she only knows what she sees. She stared at Alex's boy parts with concern for a minute or so and then told me, "uh, Alex is broken ....(pause).... I just think he's kind of umm broken".
My sister-in-law is going to kill me for writing this, but it was just too funny of a story not to share.
On the way home from the fair, Aubrey rode with my mom and I and Alex. We were riding along and Aubrey decided to share some of her newest findings, as any chatty 2 year old would. From the backseat we hear her say, "and my mommy is just kind of chubby.... ya, she's chubby.......(pause during which my mom and I were cracking up!)...... and she's squishy (more laughter). Ya she's kind of squishy. And chubby."
As we found out at lunch the next day, my brother had gained a few pounds when he stepped on the scale the other night and told Aubrey that he was getting chubby. Melanie said that she told him not to tell her that because she knew what it would lead to. Well, she was right!
Aubrey was on a roll that day (the broken comment came after the ride home from the fair). What a funny little girl!
Monday, September 8, 2008
Broken and Squishy
Posted by Carrie at 11:38 PM

2 Comments:
ROFL!!! Seriously. Don't you love little kids? Luckily w/having Georgia in the house, Ezra figured out about "parts" fairly early. Doesn't stop him from announcing to the world all about his penis that he's oh-so-proud of (what can I say-he's a boy?).
Oh my gosh! Loved this story. What a cutie Aubrey is! LOL!!
Post a Comment