Thursday, September 25, 2008

A downside of having kids

I've had to beat (not really) Alex off of my purse NUMEROUS times today. Well in a moment when I wasn't around, he got into my purse and pulled out my hot new sunglasses (see Six Flags pictures) and FREAKING BROKE them.
This is the second pair he has broken. In less than 6 months. And he always breaks them within about 3 weeks of buying them. WHY???!!!!

Now, some may say, "what's the big deal? Just go find some new ones." That's a little bit hard for me because it's SO difficult for me to find a pair that looks good on me. Jon can attest to this. I loved this pair WAY more than the last 2 pairs that I had.

So go back to the store I got them from. Umm... Aldo in Utah? Ya... I'm in Texas. AND they were on sale (possibly clearance), so there is no guaranteeing that they would have them.

Glue them you say? I tried super glue on my last pair to no avail. Gorilla glue? Well the break happens to be on the frame around the lens. Imagine and big ol' glob of hard glue filled with tiny bubbles there since the stuff expands. NOT HOT.

Argh. I'm so bugged.

3 Comments:

Inger-Lis said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Jay said...

I feel for you, James broke my favorite pair of sunglasses a few weeks ago too. I just saw him walking around with them snapped in half.

Anonymous said...

oh noooo!