I always like sharing links of things that I find useful! Here are a few that I liked while I was reading Craftzine's blog (seriously... you have to subscribe to this blog. It's awesome!)
*Here is a tutorial by Jaimie at Prudent Baby for making a nursing cover. I always knew it was easy (thus why one should NEVER pay more than $10 for one)! Of course, you could always do as I do and just not use a cover at all. I'm a "rebel" like that. :) I think I may make one just for the sake of having one. I can't bring myself to spend money on something I'm not going to use that often. And umm... have you seen my fabric stash lately?
While you're over at Prudent Baby, check out some of Jaimie's other stuff. I'm thinking her cute blog will be added to my Google reader shortly!
*If you're in need of a calendar, here are some cute ones that you can download and print for free compiled by Lee at Threadbanger.
*Tutorial by Dolci Odille at Once Wed for fabric poms. These are so so so cute! I'm sure many have seen the tissue paper poms that Martha made. Those are great, but I love the more solid and soft look that these have.
*One Pearl Button shared this great idea for making magnetic paper dolls.
*And for a whole bunch of fun tutorials, check out So You Think You're Crafty (I particularly love the Snow Ruffle Pillow by V and Co. and will be making one to go in Miss Kaitlyn's room.) There are still 2 more weeks of competition left, so there will be a few more tutorials coming up.
And The Long Thread was ever so wonderful and posted her top 100 crafty tutorials on her blog. If you picked out 52, you could make a new project every week. Hmm... That sounds fun!
So Mom, when you're bored and feel like making something, we should paruse the internets for you to make something fun so you're not stuck in apron land! :)
And a reminder, as always, there are tons of links over in my side bar of cute things to make and be inspired by. Enjoy!
Saturday, January 9, 2010
Some crafty things you could make
Posted by Carrie at 11:02 PM

1 Comment:
Ahh, I remember the days of being crafty.Carrie, I completely forgot at Christmas that I have a dressup the bear wooden puzzle that I was going to give you. It is something we have had for a long time. I also have my bible/bofm stories flannelboard figures and flannel board that I meant to give you...lame O me. Maybe I can find a box big enough to mail all the things you left along with these...when we were cleaning up the Christmas tree I also found one of Alex' slippers that we gave him
Post a Comment