Sunday, January 17, 2010

Obsessed

Alex has a food addiction. Beyond the M&Ms and most candy that is.

Bran Muffins. Otherwise known as muffin cakes (as all muffins or cupcakes are called around here). Here he is eating one while we took a picture of the cute toys Kell sent for Kaitlyn and Alex.



I mixed up a huge batch that keeps in the refridgerator for 6 weeks earlier this week and it's nearly gone. I usually cook 11-15 at a time and I've cooked that many pretty much every night this week. That means that between the 3 of us, we would each eat 4-5 in a day. I can tell you that I don't eat 4-5 every day.
Alex is constantly requesting muffin cakes and snacks on them ALL day long.
I don't mind at all. I'd rather him be eating bran muffins than fruit snacks. At least he'll be regular with all of that fiber coursing through him. :)

And since I'm talking about healthy foods, a few other healthy things I'm liking include putting peppers in more stuff (we had some on our BLTs the other night), using spinach in the place of lettuce (on our turkey sandwiches and on the BLTs), and I got a bunch of frozen fruit yesterday to make smoothies and popsicles. Guess what secret ingredient I'll be throwing in the smoothies... spinach.

It was fun to look up some new healthy snack ideas to try out as we try to phase out and replace the fruit snacks that Alex is always asking for these days.

And I'll randomly leave you eith this picture I took of Kaitlyn and I since it's just cute.

2 Comments:

Madre Marsh said...

Alex should be pooping like a king (whatever that means!) after all those bran muffins. I add spinach to my shakes all the time. It makes them an interesting greenish color, but it doesn't affect the taste at all in my opinion. Sometimes I add peeled cucumbers too. Those affect (or is it effect?)the taste a little. I love Kaitlyn's sunken lower lip!!...such a little sweetie!!

khead44 said...

I was trying to find Bran to make Bran muffins with, but couldn't find it anywhere. Where did you get yours? Can I get your bran muffin recipe too? My parents tried to get my brother to eat them, but they were so nasty, he wouldn't touch them. Your recipe must be way better!