Tuesday, January 5, 2010

On being healthy

Alex is sick for the almost 6th consecutive week. It seems like he gets better for a few days and then another cold sets in. I am so ready to be done with his boogers.

Kaitlyn still has a stuffy nose. She's had the booger thing going on since week 2 of her life. She's beginning to tolerate the booger sucker since it's used on her so often. I am so ready to be done with her boogers.

Jon makes fum of my constantly leaky/drippy nose in the winter. This year is no different. I am so ready to be done with my boogers.


In other healthy news, Jon went to Wal Mart today to get us some healthy food. I'm pretty sure that I have thrush (probably from being on antibiotics when I had mastisis), so in order to get rid of it, I need to eliminate tons of stuff (mainly carbs and sugars) from my diet, which means that my life will be full of salads and other veggies, eggs, and meat. Funny thing is that I'll pretty much be doing phase 1 of the South Beach Diet. This is good seeing as I would love to lose my baby weight quickly. I miss my cute jeans. Jon has some baby weight of his own that he'd like to see gone. Now if only I could convince him to take salads for lunch for a couple of weeks instead of his peanut butter toast staple.

Anyway, back to the Wal Mart bit. Jon was going to get us some spinach and they were totally out! He was also going to get some celery and... gone. So he got us some collard greens for 25 cents. Neither of us have ever had collard greens. But as Jon said, "they looked like celery at the bottom and they were only 25 cents!". I guess if we hate them we aren't out much.
Apparently, everyone has decided to make eating healthy their new year's resolution and raided Wal Mart. Hopefully they aren't out of spinach at Sprouts tomorrow. :)

2 Comments:

Madre Marsh said...

I cut up collard greens and cook it like spinach with lemon pepper. I think you can use it in a salad also. It sounds like you all need some immune system boosters. You could do the typical vitamin C, A and garlic or you could try something crazy like Xango juice or something like that.

Anonymous said...

When Gale started to eat lots of fruits and veggies, he's really started dropping the pounds. I think he might weigh less now than when we got married. And he's so busy eating fruits and veggies that he hardly ever eats junk food. That whole, "Fruits and Veggies are good for you" is such a well kept secret, I guess.