...and one of the things I learned is that I was NOT a fan of three year olds. It wasn't just the particular kids at one time that biased me... I got to watch some of my sweet 2 year olds go to the 3 yr old class and they were not so sweet anymore. I blame it entirely on the age.
So why the beef with three year olds? They know what they want and they stick to it. It's harder to distract them with something else when they have their mind made up. They still throw tantrums, but they seem to be more intense. They know how to push your buttons. They aren't afraid to be defiant and yell NO or GO AWAY at you. And since they want to do their own thing, nearly everything you ask them to do is met with a no in some shape or form. I think they become pickier too... maybe it's just the need to say no thing.
Add to all of the fun stuff above that we get a full out break down if we even attempt to put Alex in time out since we've never really had to use time outs before (his behavior could easily be corrected verbally).
Anyway, 3 year olds are just a joy. And parenting them is even more fun.
Mom, remember when I told you before I was even married that my kids would be coming to live with you from the time they are 3 until they are 5 (4 isn't tons better than 3 in my book)? Ya... you may have a little boy on your doorstep by the end of the week.
*Please note that Alex is also very pleasant, but I have a hard time with him with the ornery moments outnumber the pleasant. I know that I just need to find ways to better deal with the orneriness in ways that work for him*
Wednesday, January 6, 2010
So I used to work at a daycare...
Posted by Carrie at 6:48 PM

1 Comment:
You totally just wrote a post about Lizzy. Fo' sho. This afternoon was pretty much the worst day of her little life - for both of us. It's the willful disobedience that gets me the most. And she gave me some attitude in her look/tone for the first time ever today - AUTOMATIC TIME OUT, SISTA. I am kind of dreading the next year or two, if today was any pattern for what's to come.
Post a Comment