Alex is in a mama phase right now. He's quite attached to me and wants me and not Daddy to do things for him.
He recently rediscovered the glasses case that I have that looks like a little purse. And he loves it. Oddly enough, I think it's adorable when we're getting ready to walk out the door and he says, "I need my purse". We went to Old Navy the other day to do some exchanges and Alex insisted on bringing his purse. And he had to carry it into the store. Jon was only slightly concerned, but realizes that he's 2 and just likes to do what mama is (cause I'm the coolest).
Alex also loves to wear mama's church shoes. But what little kid doesn't love clacking around in their mom's heels?
Alex also loves to go places. Every day around 11 he says, "I want to go!" I usually ask him where he wants to go. I have to admit that I was happy when he excitedly shouted "fabric place" and "Hobby Lobby" earlier this week (since we had been to both the week before). I didn't think he had that much fun there...
Either way, Alex is beginning to understand the fabric love.
Today as I was sewing he was having a great time opening up some of my folded fabric and checking it out and declaring them to be blankets. Not as much fun for me to clean up, but he was excited about the fabric so I didn't care as much.
The highlight of the day came when I was ironing and Alex decided that he wanted to sew. He picked out a piece of fabric and hopped up on my chair. He then, to the best of his ability, put the bunched up fabric under the presser foot and moved it around for a minute. Then he would pull it out and excitedly say, "it's fixed!"
It. Was. Adorable.
If this keeps up, this will be his Christmas present:


1 Comment:
Ahhh, speaking of fabric...I took Annie and Diana to the fabric store yesterday to look into making some summer dresses. I thought it would be a good time for Diana to try her hand at the sewing machine. She lasted about 15 minutes looking at patterns and then she was done. I sent her off to look at fabric and that lasted about 15 more minutes. I hadn't done any serious fabric shopping for about 10 years so I was NOT done. 2 hours and $140 later we were finished with fabric to make 5 dresses. (I forgot how expensive patterns are!) I remember now it isn't always cheaper to make it yourself, but you do end up with something that no one else has and you can make it fit you exactly.
Post a Comment