Wednesday, May 27, 2009

8 week weekly babysitting (or other service) swap?

Here's the story. We have to take Bradley Method Birthing classes as required by the birthing center. Not a bad idea since this is the first time I'm having a natural birth and it will be a totally different experience.
The problem is that the class is a weekly 2.5 hour class for 8 weeks that both Jon and I have to be at.

Now, if I had family near by, this wouldn't so much be a problem. But we don't, so what do we do with the boy?

So if you would like a 3 hr. night out (or I can watch your kids for 3 hrs. during the day, bring your family dinner, or we can provide some other service/help to you) and you would be willing do a swap with us, please let me know!


We just have Alex and he is the easiest kid to put to bed (at about 7:30) and then the rest of the night you can spend doing whatever. He can come to your house (we can bring a pack n play or he can sleep in any bed) or you can come here.

Please share this with anyone who may be interested!

5 Comments:

Madre Marsh said...

Pick me, pick me!! If only....

Dave and I did the Bradley method classes when we were expecting Jon. I was awesome at natural childbirth...Dave was not. His first question whenever we headed to the hospital was, "Have you called your mom? She is planning to be there isn't she?" He was NOT a good birthing coach, but he is a great dad! Knowing Jon, he will do much better at it than Dave.

Amy North said...

I'm in! :) Caleb would love to have Alex come over. It's a bit of a drive, I guess, but I can definitely watch him for you anytime you need. I LOVE the Bradley method. I couldn't even get Kenn to practice with me before Beckett was born, and I didn't practice much by myself either, but it all came back and I got through fine. FABULOUS birthing method, at least for me. And in fact, I didn't really need Kenn coaching. I just needed him there. :) Anyways, I'm excited for you, I hope you guys like it and Jon takes it more seriously than Kenn ever did. Let me know when you need me to watch your boy!

Mia said...

I'm volunteering my husband! Alex would need to come to our house, but John loves having friends over for Ethan. And they could have a sleepover!

Plus, you can repay us in babysitting when I need it :)

GreenPhoenix said...

We'd love to, Carrie, only I'm pretty sure you don't want to drive to WV just for babysitting. Have fun with the classes!

kt said...

The joys of finding babysitting when you've moved away from the family.

I had forgotten what Bradley was (it's been ten years!) and I have to say as sad as I was to switch to an OB when we moved up here, she's been great. She doesn't push all the hospital stuff (classes, drugs, episiotomy, induction, etc.). She's really laid back. I lucked out finding her.

You'll do great, it's really not that hard, I promise! (Then again, I have short labors which makes a big difference.)