Alex has recently taken to walking up to me (usually in the morning when I'm laying in bed **side note, he is now waking up at 7 and there is NO way I'm getting up that early!*) and telling me, "I need sum-fing Mama".
I then ask, "what do you need Alex?"
He usually follows with a umm... milk! or umm... cereal! or umm... fishies! or whatever else he needs.
He used to just say, I want _____ or I need ______, so the development of prefacing with the "sum-fing" is just funny to me.
Monday, May 11, 2009
I need sumfing
Posted by Carrie at 10:45 AM

1 Comment:
Eric brother's kid is almost 4. He says, "I have to tell you sumfing. I have to tell you sumfing." Over and over and over. And then when you ask him what, he may tell you about his toys, or he may ask you for something he wants. One time he told me he had to tell me "sumfing" about 5 times before I asked what he wanted to tell me, and he proceeded to tell me that he wanted the M&Ms in the jar. The same M&Ms his mom had just told him he could not have. So, I told him no, and he immediately said, "Eric, I have to tell you sumfing!"
His other grandma counted him once. He said "I have to tell you sumfing" almost EIGHTY times once before somebody answered him. Proving that any attempts to ignore him will be thwarted by his overzealous persistence.
Post a Comment