Nothing refreshes me like going through things and getting organized. I get that from my mom. What I don't get from my mom is the motivation to stay on top of the clutter, so my house often looks messy.
Over on Simple Mom, she is doing a day by day Spring Cleaning party that goes for 10 days. I'm about 10 days late, but I like the day by day lay out, so I'm doing it! Here's the first post for day 1 and the other days are also on her main page over to the right.
Today was day 1 and I've worked for about 30/40 minutes and got the clutter in all of the upstairs cleared (minus the desk area and the craft room. I'm going to spend a solid amount of time another day in the craft room just cleaning, but there won't be much organizing because we have plans to move rooms in the next couple of months).
I even took the effort to make my bed today!
I'm excited to get down to the organizing part, but am glad that I don't feel overwhelmed by it since it's broken down.
I'm going to think about posting my before and after pictures... but I don't know if I want to embarrass myself with the befores (seriously... the clutter that collects on my kitchen counters is scary).
Monday, May 18, 2009
Spring Cleaning
Posted by Carrie at 12:38 PM

2 Comments:
I have been following the same blog post by simple mom, but not quite implemented them yet. I do have a before picture of my kitchen. I will post mine if you post yours :)
CARRIE!!! How are you? I just found you and I am so excited that you are a fellow blogger.
Post a Comment