Today I got out of bed and there were my curtain rods for my bedroom windows AND the fabric for my valance for my bathroom, staring at me. Begging for me to put them up. I've only had them for, oh, 4 months.
And then I remembered the fabulousness of this blog. Particularly, her "mistreatments". (just skip the first link and go right to the second one!).
Joy filled my little heart as I realized that there was no need for the sewing machine and worrying about straight seams and the inevitable unpicking that would occur and HOURS spent hemming all 4 sides of two very long drapery panels. All I would need to do is pull out my hot glue gun and I could get them all done in one day instead of weeks.
I think my favorite thing about the mistreatment route is that precious fabric doesn't need to be cut into. This is very good if you happen to be moving or just decide to use the fabric from your window for something else. I'm all about preservation of cute fabric so that it can serve other purposes!
So perhaps tomorrow I will get started on my mistreatments so I can have actually drapes in my room after two and half years of living here.
Oh! AND I have some adorable fabric for a valance that I can't wait to get put up in my craft room.
Hmm... I should probably get my other 2 valances for the downstairs up at some point in this window treatment frenzy...
Monday, January 12, 2009
So I'm going to be cutting some corners
Posted by Carrie at 9:18 PM

0 Comments:
Post a Comment