Monday, January 26, 2009

Ornery

This morning Alex and I were playing with his tractors. He sometimes is a little particular about how they are driven and he happened to crash into me, which is something he doesn't like (except it's usually me crashing into him).
So his crash made him upset and he started to do his run away crying thing, but I stopped him and said that he didn't need to do that and that it was his tractor that crashed into mama.
He came back and sat on the floor and laid back so he was on his back and layed there for a minute. (this is how he tantrums. I don't complain because he doesn't scream or kick. :) ). \

Then he sat up and said, "tractor sad". Pretty cute, so I said, "oh, the tractor's sad? Why?"
Alex replied, "tractor being ornery".

I thought that he was saying naughty which was hilarious as well. After asking him to say naughty and ornery though, I figured out he was saying ornery.

I guess I tell my child to stop being ornery often enough for him to pick up on it. :)

1 Comment:

The Staheli's said...

haha!!! That's awesome! Funny how they pick up on our words.