So two days ago I popped myself onto our nice little exercise bike and rode 10 miles and burned off 200 calories. (which I then ate way more than a serving of peanut butter chex mix which has 150 calories per serving. It was midnight.)
Jon was congratulating me on my great feat and we realized that I haven't really exercised (you know, with the 120 heart rate for 20 minutes thing) since... oh... 2006. And we're talking like the first semester of 2006 here when my mom and I took an aerobics/yoga course. Oh we were funny in that class. Good times.
And, as per my resolution of exercising every other day, I was back on the bike today.
It was actually an enjoyable experience. I popped in disc 3 of One Tree Hill season 1 (cause I now own ALL of the seasons :) ) and had a great little ride while Alex took a nap. It was pleasant and I feel great. I actually really enjoy exercising. I just don't always like taking the time and effort to do it.
The one thing I am wondering about- does the baby belly that you still have even when you are skinny ever go away? I'm sure hoping so. Because it's just all kinds of mushy/lumpy 2 years after the fact.
Although, thinking about it, I would be really mad to finally get to that point down the road and then have it all messed up again. Hmm... maybe the procrastination of the exercise wasn't the best idea.
Thursday, January 22, 2009
A first!
Posted by Carrie at 9:18 PM

2 Comments:
HAHA, I am probably the wrong person to ask, since even though I exercised... I never got skinny again. :P BUT I have a sister who runs her butt off (just did her 1st half marathon) and has a trainer and everything, but still has a little flabby gut. Her baby just turned 5. :O I think a lot of it has to do with genes... you seem to have lucked out in that area, so I would imagine that getting a flat belly again isn't out of the question!!
Go you for exercise!
Super-duper cute aprons!
Post a Comment