Monday, October 13, 2008

A whole lot of banana bread

So last week I got some bananas that had spots on them for .05 cents/lb. So I loaded up because Alex had been begging for banana bread pretty much every day. We love the stuff around here.
I was going to get bananas anyway just to make a loaf or 2, so I was thrilled that they were so cheap.

Last night I made 4 loaves. And I have batter for 4 more loaves mixed up. And enough bananas to mix up 5 more loaves worth of batter. If we eat a loaf a week, we'll be set until January! YUM!
Off to get more cooking!

2 Comments:

Kathy Lee said...

Send me your recipe! I have yet to find an awesome banana bread recipe that I love...

whitney said...

YOU'RE the person who gave the banana bread craving! I've been wanting banana bread lately and couldn't figure out where I had gotten the idea b/c it's pretty random. I even broke down and made some yesterday. Now I know-it was you.