Tuesday, October 21, 2008

Sleeping! And the Dr.

Alex was awake until 9:45 last night doing birthday stuff. I was pleasantly surprised when he didn't wake up until 10:15.
Well I suppose he could have woken up earlier. When I went in to get him up to go to the Dr. he was just laying in his bed awake. When I said hi to him, he looked at me with a smile and said, "sleeping!".
It was a very pleasant way to start my morning.

The Dr.'s appointment also went surprisingly well. I have been talking to Alex here and there about what the Dr. does so that he would be prepared when we went for his 2 year check up.
He let the Dr. check his tummy, heartbeat, lungs, and testicles and look in his ears, eyes, and mouth without any tears. Getting weighed on the table and measured still made him really nervous and he screamed when we were trying to get him to stand and get measured. But he didn't scream when they took his temperature or measured his head, so that was progress!

He weighs 26 and 1/2 lbs (40%), is 37" inches tall (95%), and his head circumference is in the 20th percentile.
Tall and skinny!

1 Comment:

Mindy said...

We grow ours long and lean, too! :) And minimal tears, too? I'm impressed.