I don't get up until at least 9. Sometimes 9:30. I usually need a good half an hour of gradually waking up so that I can be a pleasant person. I just don't do abrupt wake ups.
How can I wake up at 9 and not have an abrupt wake up when I have a toddler? It just so happens that my 2 year old is a very good little boy and sleeps until 8:30.
And I have a husband who needs to get up then for work anyway. Getting Alex out of bed is a guaranteed way for Jon to get out of bed. I love that I don't have to abruptly wake up and deal with a little boy in the morning. I love Jon for doing this.
My wake up call usually starts at 8:30 when Alex runs over to my bed saying, "Mama! Mama get up!" I then have to lift him up into bed with me. Most of the time, he lays on Jon's pillow and we laugh and he "sleeps".
At some point when I have my eyes closed, Alex will pat my cheek or shake my shoulder and say, "wake up Mama. wake up Mama." It's so cute. I can't resist waking up with a smile on my face when he does this.
We then laugh and play in bed for a little while and then I am ready to wake up.
As much as I hate waking up, I absolutely love being woken up by my sweet little boy. I always wake up happy!
Tuesday, October 28, 2008
How my mornings go
Posted by Carrie at 8:44 AM

0 Comments:
Post a Comment