Tuesday, November 3, 2009

Nesting

shh... I haven't added pictures to my log of posts yet. I'm procrastinating.

I'm kicking into nesting gear. I have all of these nagging little thoughts of what needs to get done or get cleaned. Tonight I was sitting in the bathroom and took the time to wipe down the door frame while I was there because I was horrified by how dirty it was.
Last week I cleaned the bathrooms... including the molding and back behind the toilets. I can't remember the last time I had done either of those things in the bathroom.

I am currently getting some fabric washed to make some flannel blankets and put some sheets in the baby's crib. Not that she's going to be in the crib for quite some time or really even care what her sheets look like... it's way more for me than for her. :)


Alex seems to be in a bit of a nesting mode as well. A lot of his play involves talks of mamas and babies. Occasionally he'll throw a daddy in there.
The other day it was his ducks in the bathroom. He took 2 out and said they were the babies and they needed their mama to take care of them. He then had them go to their mama... the big duck rug in the bathroom. Since we were on our way to take a nap, we decided the ducks needed to take a nap with their mama too.

Today he insisted on bringing one of the ducks down to find the daddy duck.

Yesterday he was drawing... something about conductors (I think he got that from Dinosaur Train on PBS) and he was saying that there were mama ones and baby ones.

He also found a little squeaky frog and a larger stuffed frog recently and has been having a lot of fun with those being the mama and the baby.
Tonight he said, "an dis is da baby froggy an dis is da mama froggy and dis baby froggy needs to go in da mama froggy's belly. Put da baby froggy in dare peeeezz!"

0 Comments: