Saturday, November 7, 2009

More stuff for the baby's room

Once upon a time, we had a baby boy.

Photobucket



Being the ambitious person I am, we painted stripes in his room.

It took a LONG time.

The plan all along was that we'd do soft blue and green with brown and if we had a girl next, we could throw in a lot of pink accents.

Well then the blue and green paint colors were put on the wall and I realized that they were a tad brighter than I had wanted. Oops.

But they still worked for the baby boy's room and after awhile, they really weren't that bright.

Photobucket


The baby boy grew and grew until he moved into a new big boy bed.

Which already had bedding purchased for it.

Which was blue and red and cream and clearly would NOT work with the blue and green and brown. It didn't matter because the plan had always been to move him into the other room.

Photobucket



And then the joyous day arrived when we (finally) found out we were having a girl.

Photobucket



And the room planning was underway.

There were many concerns over how boy feeling the room was.

And then I started working my magic.

Step 1 was the crib bumper. Good thing I remembered the gorgeous fabric I bought over a year ago!

kaitlyn,house

and then I found the perfect fabric for the sheets

kaitlyn,house,crafty

Then when I was on one of my many trips to JoAnn's, I actually found girly fabric with the blue, green, and some pink in it! It's a nearly perfect match! The fabric is still on the crafty list, slated to become a valance and changing pad cover.

kaitlyn,house

The valance will be paired with these flowy, sheer, dotted curtains. I still need to put them up and then you'll be able to see them a lot better.



We still need to hang the 3 Ikea flowers on the wall.



Yesterday and today, I've been working on a mobile (i'm not a mobile person, but this was an easy and cheap way to throw more pink in. It's really more decorative than anything and may not even go over the crib) and the letters to go on the BIG main wall.
The big main wall is the area that needs a LOT of pink and white to really make an impact on making the room feel girly. Good thing Kaitlyn has 7 letters in it. :)

So here are Alex and I working on painting. He insisted on painting with the paints I was using. I'm a nice mama and let him. And when he wanted to paint a letter, I let him paint pink on a letter from his name that I have yet to do anything with (yes... the baby's room is taking precedence).

kaitlyn,alex,crafty

Here are the letters all laid out on the adorable paper I found at Michael's (yay!) before they were painted.

kaitlyn

This is the molding I'll be using to make frames around each one (to be painted white)

kaitlyn,crafty

And here are the painted letters and circles for the mobile all mod-podged and laying out to dry overnight.

kaitlyn,crafty


I can't tell you how excited I am to get these 2 things up and see what effect it has on the room. The sheets and the window I'm sure will have a major effect as well.

Once those things are done I can evaluate whether it will be necessary to add some pink ribbon to the border and if I need to do something as drastic as crown molding.

I'll keep you updated as more projects for are finished and put in the room!

2 Comments:

The Bowldens said...

carrie- you are so cute! i love how craft you are! i also love the name kaitlyn.

Amanda Fetters said...

That is freaking amazing.