With Alex at this point in the game, I was taking the final belly picture before we went to the hospital the next morning (to be induced).
So I had to take one tonight.
Here's the comparison:
Kaitlyn
Alex
It would be lovely to be a week early again, but I'm not counting on it.
I am having some good contractions and things are favorable to start at any time. It's just a matter of when.
I had an appointment with the midwife on Thursday and she said I was 70% effaced and 3.5 cm dilated. Knowing that can be variable, I say 3 cm.
The baby is at a 0 station which means she's low and descended into the pelvis. Oh- here's a picture:

My midwife also said that the baby is face up (posterior), so to try to get her to turn I've been spending a lot of time on my hands and knees. The exercise ball I got a few weeks ago has been quite helpful with that! I have to do hands and knees for 30 minutes 2 times a day. I'd really like to not have a lot of back labor, but I'm thankful there are nice showers and big tubs at the birthing center to help out with that!
And I'm still definitely nesting. I made my fall ribbon wreath tonight (pictures to come later). Luckily it was a fast project. I'm thinking I'm going to put together the mobile after the boy goes to bed and maybe start on getting the sheets cut out so they just have to be sewn tomorrow.
As far as Alex's anticipation, it's all about Grandpa and Grandma coming for him. He keeps asking when they will be here today and we keep having to tell him that they won't be here until baby Kaitlyn comes to our house. I think we'll probably continue hearing this every day.
We can't wait to get our new baby here!



2 Comments:
i am so excited for you carrie! you are such a beautiful pregnant woman! good luck!
You look fabulous! Can't wait to hear the good news. :) And good luck with the labor. You'll do great!
Post a Comment