So I had my first anon comment! How exciting!
Well, it got deleted because really? Why not leave at least a name?
In my comments you are more than welcome to post a comment with just your name and not your google/blogger identity. So why not? Why anonymous?
Plus it helps that I have site meter so I KNOW where the anon. came from. But still I wonder, what is the need for posting anonymously on people's blogs?
So notice the poll over there to the right and feel free to vote.
Sunday, February 15, 2009
Anonymous?
Posted by Carrie at 9:38 PM

6 Comments:
I don't understand why it's a problem to post an anonymous comment. If you don't like it then turn the feature off
I'm not a fan of them either, but I have to leave it on for family who live overseas and can't read the language in the identity part. At least I can usually tell it's them by the content of the comment!
I believe Carrie should have clarified that you're free to leave anon comments, just don't be stupid and ignorant with your opinions and I won't delete them to save everyone the embarrassment of having to read them.
Also, sitemeter lets us know where you're commenting from so by means of deduction its obvious who comment anonymously because we know where you live.
Now, if you're smart and learn to use proxy servers...
comments anonymously
And I don't understand why it's a problem to own up to a comment that you make.
If I turn off anonymous, I also turn off the ability to just post a name without a google identity, which I personally appreciate on other blogs. Not to mention that a good portion of my readers don't have blogs/google identities, so having that option allows them to comment.
If I could turn off ONLY the anonymous and still leave a blank name space I would do it.
Apologies
Post a Comment