This is what I've been working on since Wednesday.
Cute eh? Yes. But you're not the one cutting all of those lovely seams on it. (the top little bit is done, the bottom is not).This thing has taken me so freaking long. I've had to put it down multiple times and take a breather for a few months.
On Wednesday I got all of the borders sewn on. And the next day I started clipping the seams to rag it. Fast forward to Friday night and I have 2 of my 5 rows of blocks done. 2 of 5!!! Holy freak.
My scissors are pretty okay. They're doing the work. They're baby stepping. And thankfully my scissors have a spring in them! I still have a near blister anyway.
Still, it is pretty much adorable and I can't wait to get it done!
Funny thing- I have enough fabric to make a second one like this for myself should I one day have a female child (because it's so freaking cute) AND I got some adorable fabric to make Alex a big flannel rag quilt, but after snipping all of these damn seams, I'm reconsidering. If I didn't love the end result so much, I'd just scrap those projects. But the rag quilts are just so dang cute!
Pictures of the finished product to be posted soon hopefully! I think I'm going to bribe Jon to help me do some cutting.


2 Comments:
So cute! It seems to be a ridiculously large amount of work, but it's just so darn adorable!
Good job! That is a way cute blanket!!! Love it!
Post a Comment