Alex notices that everyone is sad now. When my grandparents came over he asked both of them individually if they were "still a little bit sad". They said yes that they were.
He asks me and Jon the same question every day and every day I tell him with tears in my eyes that yes I'm still a little bit sad because I really miss his brothers and really wanted them to come live at our house.
Today Alex was going downstairs with his cousin and randomly told Jon, "and I'm still a little bit sad about those babies".
I was standing right there and heard him and of course started crying.
I'm glad that Alex recognizes that he feels sad that we don't have Isaac and Evan with us. It's sometimes hard to tell how he feels since he acts so ambivalent and just goes about his normal life. It's been important to realize that this has effected him as well- probably more than we'll know for a long time.
Yesterday I read this story about a family who had a 3 year old boy, a 1 year old girl, and lost their twin boys at 23 weeks. It just hit home to me that even little kids get it. I loved how the author incorporated their boys into their 1 year olds life so that she would remember them since she was too little to really remember her baby brothers.
Friday, May 6, 2011
"A little bit sad"
Posted by Carrie at 1:50 PM

1 Comment:
What a sweet, sweet little boy you have. You and Jon are such amazing parents.
Post a Comment