Thursday, January 27, 2011

You're just kidding me mama

I asked Alex to turn off the tv the other day because we were done watching movies for the day.
Of course, this resulted in protesting and some crying before I quickly squashed that with a, "if you act like that when I tell you we are done with movies today then you will not be watching any movies tomorrow".
The crying stopped quickly, but a few seconds later Alex told me, "you're just kidding me Mama".

It was all I could do to keep from laughing and I'm not so sure that he didn't hear the smile in my response when I told him, "No, I am not just kidding you. No more movies today."

Not to be let down so easily, we went through several more rounds of the kidding/not kidding until Alex relented and went to play in his room.

I'm glad that all it took was a convincing that I was indeed NOT kidding him.

0 Comments: