The other day when we were putting up our Christmas tree one of us said something about the Grinch and Alex asked, "who you talking 'bout mama?"
I told him, "The Grinch"
Alex: "and who's the Grinch"
So I told him that the Grinch is a green guy that lives in Whoville and doesn't like Christmas and he comes and takes everyone's presents.
At this point, Alex got very concerned and very sad and said, "I don't want that grinch to come take my presents".
I was very quick to explain that the Grinch brings back the presents and that he just lives in Whoville that's just in a book.
Luckily he hasn't been too concerned about it since. Though maybe I should use this as a way to get him to clean up his toys or go to bed when he doesn't want to and throws little tantrums. Really, is anything scarier at Christmas than the possibility of a weird looking green thing coming to steal all of your presents? I think not.
Friday, December 11, 2009
The Grinch
Posted by Carrie at 8:01 PM

0 Comments:
Post a Comment