Monday, December 28, 2009

Domestic Gifts part deux

Remember this post about being excited about appliances and such for gifts?
Yup... the same thing happened this year.

From my lovely lovely husband, my birthday and christmas presents (lol and valentine's and mother's day 2010 presents) were bought months before the holidays rolled around.
If you need help remembering, here's the post about my sweet new (well... CL new anyway) dishwasher and super sweet new washer and dryer (which are indeed fabulous for washing diapers). Thank you Honey- I couldn't have asked for a better gift. :)

I always laughed when we gave my mom small appliances or other house/kitchen-y stuff for mother's day and christmas and her birthday. I always wondering how she could actually want that stuff and not something else.

Little did I know that she probably liked it as much as I do... which is a lot! And now she's the one giving me house/kitchen-y stuff for presents.

For my birthday my mom and dad got me an awesome set of tupperware. all of the old mismatched stuff went out and now we have a lovely set that nests very nicely. I have SO much more room in my cupboard (which is a VERY good thing since I'm severely lacking on cupboard space).

For Christmas I requested Corelle. Earlier in the year I had remembered the set we had growing up and wishing that I had the same set (plus, I just didn't really love any of the other patterns). Well wonder of wonders on Christmas morning I got to open up a set of 12 Old Town Blue patterned Corelle plates. My dishwasher is going to love me. And Jon is going to love not running out of bowls on the days when we have something that uses bowls for dinner (between cereal and then 2 days of soup etc., the bowls are gone). I plan on making them a memory in my kid's minds just like they were in mine and then being able to pass them on to one of them one day (it's okay Mom, I forgive you for not keeping yours. :) )

That reminds me though... my sister wasn't nearly as excited about that pattern as I was and had no desire to have Old Town Blue dinnerware in her future home. I'm convinced that in about 10 years she'll have a change of heart.


I can't wait until my birthday and Christmas next year so I can brag about the wondrous household related gifts I get yet again since it's inevitable that such things will be at the top of my list.

1 Comment:

Oliphaunt said...

My parents and Jacob's also used the old town pattern dishes growing up. I love them too!