In September my best friend from high school flew in from Hawaii for a visit. One of the weekends we were here we went up to visit my old roommate in Seattle for a girl's weekend. It was nice to get away.
When we came down the escalator we were amazed at how freakishly long the escalator was. We went back up it to take a picture. And video.
One of the first things we did was go to a coffee shop for my girlfriends. I got an amazing herbal tea with blood orange and rose hips and other deliciousness in it. I was feeling the need for sweet, so I loaded it up with honey and whatnot. When Kristin and Kellie sampled mine they said it was like drinking punch after their coffee.
Here we all our enjoying the fabulous weather that Seattle gave us for the weekend!
Then we went to the market and wandered around for a little bit. This is a lovely picture of me taken into the sun on the pier, so excuse the darkness of me.
We went on a dinner cruise out on the water that evening which was fun and of course got drinks before hand. I was basking in all of the peachy goodness of Washington and got this yummy peach concoction!
The next day we hopped on a ferry. Okay... Kellie actually hopped on the ferry first while she was out getting a drink thinking that we were driving on with the rest of the cars. After freaking out for a good 30 minutes to the point of crying, she responded to a page on the other side, so we felt okay getting on the ferry. We didn't want to get on without knowing where she had disappeared to! So Kristin and I had a nice ferry ride together.
We stayed with some people that Kellie knew with a "cottage" on Whidbey Island.
See what a nice little place it was?
We walked down to the beach in the morning during low tide to see if we could find any crabs/shells. I picked up tons of large shells for my kids and we found this guy.
Here's a picture of the beach. And it was FREEZING walking around in flip flops.
While waiting in the long ferry line, we picked blackberries along side the road. This was working out fabulously until the line moved up a ton very quickly and poor Kellie and I couldn't ever quite catch up despite running as fast as we could down the road. I'm sure it was very humorous for all of those people just sitting in their cars watching us. We thought it was pretty hilarious ourselves.
Kristin ended up turning around and getting back in the back of the line so that she could pick us up.
The next time I got out to pick blackberries I made sure to hop in the car if the line moved at all.
Despite having all 3 of us on the ferry this time, we didn't get out and take any pictures on the ferry. We sat in the car and ate fish and chips and nachos.
Because of the massive heaviness of such fried food and my weird pregnant tummy, I ordered just a soup and salad at dinner. It was a very safe choice, but it was also SO good. I felt much better afterward!
This meant dessert at a dessert cafe place.
Here we are enjoying our desserts
And cracking up at the awful pictures Nick was taking of us. Most unflattering picture ever, but also hilarious.
Oh! We also went to the beach in West Seattle when we were trying to figure out what to do for dinner and walked around. Here's my sand art.
Our final morning we went to brunch (of course). I was so sad that they were out of their caramel french toast. Seriously- how could that not sound amazing? So breakfast wasn't the best, but not bad.
Then we went on a Duck Tour (land and water) of Seattle. This was the one rainy day our whole trip and we only had to deal with it for a few hours. Sadly, all while on our tour, but it was fun. We were also the only people on our whatever it was called, so that was fun.
I loved these water houses. I just loved the houses in Seattle in general. There was a fabulous mix of craftsman homes and modern homes. I could just drive up and down the neighborhood streets all day looking at houses. And mixed in with all the green and dense foliage... so awesome.
And of course here's the space needle with the umm... science? music? art? museum.
In the last couple of hours before we needed to get to the airport we ran over to Pike's market again and had some macaroni and cheese and then I picked up the most amazing peaches, apples, and nectarines ever to bring home to Jon. Totally laughing that his souvenir was fruit. But he LOVED them and appreciated the yummy-ness.
It's a good thing I had Kellie with me because I had to shove some of my stuff into her bag and STILL walked on the plane with a bag of fruit, a container of mac and cheese, my stuffed purse, and my heavier than I could even carry carry on. I bought my kids too much stuff apparently. :)
It was nice to get away and have some distractions for a few days. Though catching up on mermaids was totally insane. I absolutely loved Seattle, but am not quite sure how I would feel about it if I lived there with a majority of rainy days. The atmosphere was very cool and I loved all of the hills, the water, and the many many trees.
I definitely want to go back with Jon, but I want to go see every place with Jon. He's just awesome like that.














0 Comments:
Post a Comment