Friday, April 22, 2011

Picture post!

I uploaded all of these pictures from my phone with the intent of sharing them weeks ago, and I finally decided to do so tonight (since I've now posted 2 days in a row!).
A few of them I've already posted on facebook, but decided they need to be on the blog too for all of you non-facebookers.

Enjoy!

Photobucket
Alex was so excited to go to the Dr. Seuss party at our local grocery store. When there were not any other children hanging around for the story reading, Alex decided he was ready for a story and made himself at home on the lady's lap who was reading. I guess he thought that sitting on the floor was too uncomfortable for him.


Photobucket
Trying to get both of these kids to look at the camera and smile is nearly impossible. Alex actually has a normal face/smile in this one though! yay!


Photobucket
See? Abnormal. They were so cute in the car cart though. Until the usual fighting starts anyway (Kaitlyn decides she wants to use Alex's steering wheel, which causes Alex to yell and push her over with his body which causes Kaitlyn to cry and scream and push back which causes Alex to cry and scream. It's awesome... let me tell ya).


Photobucket
Oh look! They both have mostly normal faces on!


Photobucket
This is Kaitlyn dipping her fries. She is so into dipping it's hilarious. The dipping obsession started when we were in St. George and she saw all the rest of us dipping in fry sauce. She of course had to do it too and she LOVED it. How could you not love fry sauce? My favorite thing is that my mom would take the fry and kind of scrape/tap off the excess on the side of the container and Kate does the same thing. I love the little things they pick up on.


Photobucket
She loves pushing in the little bubbles on soda cup lids.


Photobucket
Alex wanted me to take a picture of him too and I got this winner. Really though, I absolutely love it because it is so Alex (doing weird things with his hands for pictures just to see how it looks when I show it to him).


Photobucket
How could you not love that face?


Photobucket
When I was a kid, my dad would bring home paint buckets from jobs because I loved peeling the dried paint off of the sides. When we painted the basement, Alex got to experience the same thing and he loved it. No questioning whose child he is.


Photobucket
Just a cute picture of the kater in her cute outfit (homemade baby leg warmers matched the shirt perfectly!)


Photobucket
My dad took the kids on a little ride on the 4-wheeler down at his property. It took a little convincing to get Alex on the 4-wheeler and he was done pretty quick. Kaitlyn on the other hand loved it.


Photobucket
And speaking of 4-wheeler rides, we took our van 4-wheeling through a huge bog of mud (after going up a steep and kind of washed out road) while we were in St. George down by Zion's (taking a short cut through the mountains to check out a KSL listing for my dad in Centennial Park). This picture is of the guys surveying the site and trying to figure out the best route to take through the mud. Jon then made my dad drive and we were full speed ahead and almost didn't make it through. Luckily our front tires hit drier dirt just as our back wheels were spinning us out almost horizontal on the road. Thankfully we didn't slip off of the edge (to the right) with our back tires. We ended up with mud totally caked on and in our tires that after 2 washes of just spraying the tires and much driving, I was still getting clumps of dirt flying off the tires 2-3 weeks afterward.


Photobucket
Kaitlyn loves doing whatever Alex is doing. I thought it was so cute with both of them hanging out on the couch sharing a blanket. This is a rare occasion since Alex is not so great at sharing space with his sister.


Photobucket
This girl and her many seats crack me up. This is one of her favorites. She'll tip the stool over just to sit in it like this. The past couple of days she has actually tipped it so that all 4 legs are up in the air and sits in it.

0 Comments: