Remember a couple months ago when we transplanted bushes? Well they are all still alive! One of them nearly died and then I hacked off all of the limbs that were dieing and it pulled through! So that one is looking a bit bare, but the point is that it's alive.
Why did I have to hack limbs off? Because we lost some roots off of the root system when we moved it, so the roots couldn't support all of the branches that needed to stay alive. So when we cut them off, the root system didn't have as much to support and could concentrate on the branches that were still alive.
I wish we would have known that with the bush that we transplanted last year that ended up dieing.
We still have our out of control flowering Oleanders to move, but those will have to wait until fall since they are in full bloom and moving them now would be quite a shock to them.
This means that new bushes/plants won't be put in until the fall. I'm okay with that (as is my budget :) ).
I just don't quite know how the transplanting and planting will work with me being either super pregnant or just having had a baby. Should be interesting!
Tuesday, April 28, 2009
The transplanted bushes all made it!
Posted by Carrie at 10:46 AM

2 Comments:
Where is your post about being pregnant again? I had no idea you were having number 2! YAY!!! I hope your doing well.
http://theswamppeople.blogspot.com/2009/04/blog-post.html
Just a silly picture that we ended up with where we were laughing about the little belly I have going on already (and it was just after I ate).
It ended up being a fun way to announce on the blog without coming out and saying it. :)
Post a Comment