Tuesday, January 29, 2008

for my girls, from your picture taking nerd

UPDATE on my machine:
It kept jamming. So I called customer service. When I described what the machine was doing to the man, he said, "hmm... ya I don't like the sound of that." They said it needed to be repaired. I could go and switch it for a new one at Target where I got it, or I could send it to them for repair. The thing that made me laugh is that he said they would charge me $16 for freight back to me and that it would probably be about the same to send my machine to them through USPS. Uhh... the thing weighs about 30 pounds! So I am in the process of trying to find one at Target. I got this machine on clearance for half the normal price. I'm guessing someone returned it for the same reason. But it makes me a little happy that I can get a new one that SHOULD work for the lesser price. If I can't find one at a store, they have free shipping online right now, so that would work too.
Anyway, I may pull out my old craiglist kenmore machine to see if it can do the job until I get this one taken care of.



here's what I did today on my quilt before my machine decided to crap out on me!

2 Comments:

Nicole said...

Your machine crapped out???? Well that just stinks! I hope it isn't permanent!!

The quilt looks great! I need to try a rag quilt!

The Staheli's said...

The quilt is DARLING! You are so stinking creative! I need to work on being more like that!!! :D