Friday, August 12, 2011

What we've been doing

Can I just say that it is awesome having a phone that I can upload right to photobucket from? Otherwise, you would never see any pictures on the blog!

I went to my 10 yr. high school reunion. It was at a hotel downtown and it was fun to see people that I haven't seen in 10 years. Since I liked my new outfit, here is a picture of me.

Photobucket


I've been scoring some awesome deals.
I got these carseats for half of their normal price. We got 2 because they were only $25 and hopefully one day we'll have another baby that will be needing a carseat. I can't help thinking that it would have been perfect if we were actually having twins. Sigh.
Anyway, awesome deal and Kaitlyn has already demanded that she have a pink seat, so we've already taken the seat she was riding in out and put in the pink seat. Occasionally it even helps her want to sit in her seat. Getting that girl to sit in the carseat is a battle we have a LOT.

Photobucket


I also found this adorable head and footboard at the thrift store for $35! It has a couple dings in it and no rails etc., but I love it. One of our upstairs bedrooms is big enough for a full and a twin, so eventually when we need kids to share a room, we'll have a cute bed for them. And since it was only $35, I won't feel bad painting it should I decide it needs to be red or blue or something.

Photobucket


Home Goods was good to me and I got these adorable nesting tables and awesome lamp. I told Jon that I want to redo our bedroom for my birthday and Christmas presents. I have a general idea in mind and have been buying things bit by bit when I find something I like.These were too perfect to pass up!

Photobucket


I also found a perfect box to keep all of Isaac and Evan's things in. I love that I have a place for everything, but it also makes me depressed that their short life can fit in a box and that's all I have. The box resides in my crafty closet where I can easily see it and get it out any time I need/want to.

Photobucket


Until I get things hung on the wall, I have their picture up here by my craft area. My sweet grandparents gave us the "Twice Blessed" statue from Hansen Classics, which we love. I love looking up and seeing my sweet baby boys. Oh how I miss them.
Photobucket


In the ongoing slew of projects, we got the art space mostly done. The magnet wall needs a frame and if we have leftover paint we may put some paint on the walls.
Here is Alex loving his creative space. I love that he'll go in there and color randomly throughout the day.

Photobucket


Photobucket


I organized all of the crayons cause I'm cool like that. Alex hasn't really used them too much (he's a marker fan), so I can't tell you how he's doing at keeping them where they belong, but it shouldn't be too hard to keep straight. I also organized the markers by warm and cool colors. Those are a little harder for him, so I plan on putting colored stickers on those containers so he knows what colors go where.

Photobucket



I still have to figure out the best way to store everything. I have to have the markers up where Kaitlyn can't reach them but Alex can. I'm trying to figure out if shelves or a bookshelf would be best for storing everything. This is what happens when Kaitlyn gets into the markers.

Photobucket


And another funny picture of Kaitlyn. She loves making this face.

Photobucket


Here she is just laying downstairs. I just thought it was cute.

Photobucket


And here she is swinging, which is probably her favorite thing ever. She swung for a good 15 minutes the other day at the park. I think we need to hang her swing up from our tree or get our swingset set up!

Photobucket


I was going to post some videos, but they aren't embedding, so I'll have to post them later.

0 Comments: