I know I've mentioned it on Facebook, but maybe not here. For those that are not on Facebook, Alex LOVES Spanish.
He has no idea how to say anything except for what he sort of hears and then sort of repeats back.
One time we were in Joann's and there was a a couple standing near us speaking Tongan. Alex picked up that they were speaking in another language and asked them if they were speaking in Spanish. The lady was so sweet and told him that there were speaking in a different language called Tongan and that they speak that in a country on on island out in the ocean called Tonga.
This of course led to a discussion about how different people all over the world speak different languages. I'm not sure if all of that sunk in because I think he still things every other language is Spanish.
Anyway, Alex likes to watch movies and bonus features in Spanish all of the time. It's a little funny and a little strange. I really like The Polar Express in Spanish actually.
Today we were going to look at a possible preschool for Alex to attend next year and he said he didn't want to go because he liked the first one we looked at so much that he was set on that one. To entice him I told him that they do Spanish at this preschool and he got a little sad and told me that he didn't want to do Spanish and that he "didn't want to be a Spanish boy".
Sorry buddy, it takes a little more than counting in Spanish to be a Spanish boy. :)
Wednesday, March 16, 2011
Espanol
Posted by Carrie at 1:00 PM

0 Comments:
Post a Comment