Thursday, December 23, 2010

Seriously. I suck.

Wow. It has really been forever since I've blogged.
I started a post over a month ago and didn't ever finish it.


Umm... so...brief synopsis of life to get everyone up to speed perhaps?

We'll go back to September...

My sister got married! She actually trusted me enough to take her engagement pictures (good thing since her photographer only just barely released all of her files to her 2 months after the wedding). She was a beautiful bride and had a gorgeous and fun "wedding party".

cindy,johnny,engagements



Alex actually started warming up to Kaitlyn! I think it's because she's become more interactive and loves to both laugh at her brother and make him laugh by being silly herself.

alex,kaitlyn

I love when I catch great looks like this

alex

kaitlyn

one of my new favorite pictures of Alex. It makes a FABULOUS desktop background. :)

alex

So cute!

kaitlyn




Alex had a birthday. He turned 4. He was SO excited to have a party! We went to Kangaroo Zoo with his cousins, then to McDonald's for his birthday dinner, and then home for the party with the fam. He requested a Lightning McQueen cake and since I had been rushing all day to get a couple of mermaid costumes mailed, we bought a last minute cake little cake at the grocery store that had oreo crumbs around the outside edge that we put his Cars cars on like they were on a racetrack and then put green sprinkles in the middle of the cake like grass.
And he loved it.

alex,birthday

alex,birthday



Halloween!
Alex was a frog (again. Halloween was far too crazy this year with mermaid sewing to make him something new. Plus, he loved being a frog anyway, so it was all good!) and Kaitlyn was... a mermaid. I was SO thrilled that it was actually warm the day before Halloween when we were out doing Halloween-y stuff and Kaitlyn didn't even have to wear a onsie with her costume! It felt like Texas and I was THRILLED.

Alex and his cousin who made an ADORABLE Snow White. Sooo... a princess and a frog, right?

alex,aubrey,halloween

alex,halloween

aubrey,halloween

I wasn't very successful at getting a good shot of all 4 kids, obviously.

kids,halloween

This is all that Kaitlyn was interested in doing

kaitlyn,halloween

Mmm.... CANDY!

kaitlyn,halloween

alex,halloween

alex,halloween

SOOO CUTE!!!!

kaitlyn,halloween

Throwing a tantrum. Such a girl.

kaitlyn,halloween



And onto November!

Kaitlyn turned 1. And she let me take some cute pictures of her on her actual birthday before her little party.

This is my FAVORITE and also makes a fabulous desktop background. :)

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

The girl has been able to stand for awhile, but she just doesn't really have the desire to walk more than a couple of steps here and there. She looks so cute standing there all by herself!

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

And since I was taking pictures of Kaitlyn, Alex wanted some of him too. He got such a kick out of making silly faces and looking at them on the camera afterward. Such a silly boy.

Photobucket

Photobucket

He gets this one from his daddy

Photobucket

Here are a couple of pictures of Kaitlyn's cupcake and cake. Not the greatest pictures, but it was a cute cake and, best of all, it was SUPER easy. :)

Photobucket

Photobucket




We got to spend our first Thanksgiving in 4 years with ALL of our family! That was fun! (Honestly though, I still love Thanksgiving with Kenn and Amy in TX) I'm used to being in charge of several things and this year I was in charge of just the cheese bowl and crackers. Talk about a step down!
We definitely missed being able to wear shorts and the ward Thanksgiving football game was far too cold to attend. Ahh... TX. I miss you.

Here are some pictures of Kaitlyn on Thanksgiving. Yes, that is all you get.

kaitlyn,walking,thanksgiving

go utes!

kaitlyn,utes,thanksgiving

The girl loved pushing the stroller/baby around... until she tipped over with it. Then she walked behind it crying. SO funny!

kaitlyn,walking,stroller,thanksgiving

Cute little walking girl!

kaitlyn,walking,stroller,thanksgiving



We got to visit with Santa at the first family Christmas party we've been able to attend in 4 years. The last time we went to this was when Jon and I were newly (6 months) married.

He looks like he's excited to be there, right? He asked for trains.

alex,santa

alex,santa

and Kaitlyn

kaitlyn,santa

kaitlyn,santa

kaitlyn,santa

kaitlyn,santa

happy she got a candy cane out of the deal

kaitlyn,santa



I don't have any pictures from December on my computer yet, so I guess I will have to blog that later. Hopefully you enjoyed the pictures and seeing the big events. I promise to have better blogging skills from now on. Remember when I used to blog every day? Ya... maybe I'll do that again. :)


1 Comment:

Melanie said...

Yay...glad to see you back in the blogging world! :) Cute pics!!!