I have found a new great way to remember the stuff Alex says. As soon as he says something good I put Alex's name in the subject of an email to Jon and then put the quote in the email. Then they are all in the my sent box and in Jon's inbox so I can easily pull them up. This is especially handy with having internet on my phone... makes it so easy to remember the good stuff as soon as it happens!
Some recent funny things Alex has said:
At the lacrosse championship game, they let a ton of balloons into the air at the same time and Alex goes, "Those balloons are lost! They need to get back to their family!"
Alex was brushing my hair with my mom's brush and it had hairs in it of course and he tells me, "it won't hurt Mama. You need to be brave."
Alex told me "We need to go somewhere to make me feel special."
We were putting on Alex's pajamas and he was upset about his shirt or something and said "it's impost-able" (impossible).
The other morning Jon went with Alex into the fish bathroom at my parent's house and Alex said, "Daddy, this bathroom is so fishy!" On that note, he used the other downstairs bathroom at my parent's house the other day and asked me why that other bathroom didn't have fishies in it.
One of my favorite things he's saying right now is when I ask him if he can/will do something and he goes, "I sure can do ____" It's very cute.
Every day after his nap when we were living at my parent's house he would wake up and stand in the doorway of his room downstairs and ask, "can I come up now?" We'd always answer yes (unless it was only an hour later and he hadn't been to sleep) and then he'd go, "I sure can come up?" after which we'd have to confirm that yes, he sure can come upstairs.
I was pumping and Alex was watching and I was explaining that I have milk in my breasts, but I made Kaitlyn a bottle, so I still had milk in my breasts that I needed to get out and Alex goes, "Ya! and I have chocolate milk in my breasts!"
We were up at my parent's house and I was sewing while my mom played with the kids. My mom had to go change the laundry so she told Alex to stay there and play and she'll be right back and he goes, "ya, and i will watch Kaitlyn" very matter of factly. (odd since he's not really into kaitlyn...)
alex has a favorite road that he calls "The Dark Road. He knows exactly where we need to turn to go on it. When we turn on it he exclaims, "yes! this is my favorite road!". We always have to go on it when we are going to/from our new house to/from my parent's house.
I was telling Alex that I needed to feed Kaitlyn and he goes, "ya. we don't want her to be a mean baby-child!"
My mom was telling Alex that he had a nice shirt on (button up plaid like Jon wears a lot) and Alex goes, "this is my shirt like daddy's! And I wear it when I go to work with Carrie. My mom said, "you mean when you go to work with mama?" Alex replied, "ya, when carrie and I go to work!"
He told me that he calls me Carrie so that I will listen. Jon is still Daddy.
When Alex doesn't want us to I don't want you look in at him (in his room/bathroom/etc.) he tells us, "I don't want you to peek me!"
I'm loving how he's saying bed and like sounding words. he makes them sound very southern. let's see if I can type out how it sounds... beh-ud. and then his swimming teacher is tim and he says it tih-um. It cracks me up.
The other day at the dinner table with Jon's teenaged siblings we were talking about kissing and Alex started teasing, "Tanner has a girlfriend". He repeated that at least 10 times. We tell Jon's siblings it's payback for when Jon was a teenager and they were all little and annoying. :)
That's all for now! Hope you enjoyed them and I'm sure there will be more to come!
Monday, July 12, 2010
Alex Funnies
Posted by Carrie at 11:36 PM

1 Comment:
how funny!! i cant wait till my kids start saying funny things!
Post a Comment