Sunday, July 19, 2009

All good things must come to an end

Which is always very sad.

After a particularly "fun" (for him at least) Saturday at the new "beach" at our "lake", a dinner of hamburgers and hotdogs, and LOTS of fun with Grandma and Grandpa, Alex declared in the most pathetically sad voice, "I want more Saturdays".

Don't we all.

Today's sad line came when it was time for Grandma and Grandpa to return to Utah. "I doen wan you go ooo-tah. I wan you stay here".
I even have pictures of the sad event.

Photobucket


not a straight on picture of the sad lip, but it's there! Aww...

Photobucket


Grandma cried almost as much as Alex. :)

Photobucket


Hmm... I just realized that I have a lot of pictures and stories from our recent adventures. Maybe I'll put Jon up to that task seeing as I need to spend more time sewing.



We had a WONDERFUL time with Grandma and Grandpa and LOVED having them here with us for a week and a half. We loved every second of your time here and are already counting down to our next visit. Not only that, but wishing and hoping that someday in the coming few years we'll be able to be closer. Jon, that Colorado job isn't looking so bad...



5 Comments:

Madre Marsh said...

Ahhh, that is the saddest thing I have ever seen...I'm pretty sure that grandchildren should not live so far away from their grandparents...no, I'm not pretty sure, I'm POSITIVE!!! When are you coming to visit next?

Anonymous said...

You know I'm reading right? Hope all is good. Sorry to hear about Alex's sadness.

whitney said...

ahhh, so sad, but yet so cute. He's just adorable.

Carrie said...

of course I know you're reading "m"!

Melanie said...

If you go to Colorado I promise to visit every three months. ;)